Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend in Dallas

We had such a wonderful 3 day weekend!! Grayson and I left Friday after school with his parents, Drake, and Blaire and headed to Dallas. We got there so late that we checked in and went straight to bed. Our hotel was very nice! It's the Omni Fort Worth. Because we were in Dallas with Shiloh, we got a really good deal on the rooms. That made us all very happy!!

Saturday, we got up and headed to Six Flags. I have never been, and it was a really cool place! I don't ride very many rides. I hate roller coasters...I'm not a fan of rides that flip you upside down..I mean, I get carsick, how could I ride those rides and not puke?? I still had fun watching Grayson do all these CRAZY rollercoasters! Elaine also didn't ride much, so that helped.
Grayson, Drake, Greg, and Blaire on The Batman roller coaster..scary!!

That night, we met up with Grayson's aunt, uncle, and cousins for supper by the Fort Worth Stockyards. We ate at Cattlemen's Steakhouse..it was YUMMY!!

Sunday, I was happy because we got to sleep in. In fact, we didn't even leave the hotel until noon. We all met back up and headed to Frisco to go shopping. However, I was disappointed b/c one of the main reasons we chose Frisco was Sam Moon's..which is closed on Sunday. If you have never been, it is amazing!! It is a jewelry and handbag store that has millions of cute, cheap jewelry!! That night, we ate at Cheesecake Factory with the whole bunch plus Grayson's cousin Heath and his sweet, pregnant wife Jill. I was glad they came..it was nice having people our age to hang out with.

Monday, we got up super early to head over to Dallas Cowboy Stadium to watch Grayson's cousin Colt (he's a senior at Shiloh) play Trinity- the #1 high school team in the nation!! And let me tell you..they were good! The school apparently recruits from Fiji Island..and they are BIG boys! I think the Saints did pretty good up against them..we are very proud of Colt..he's very good! The final score was 80-26..which sounds really bad..but they scored a lot there at the end. After the game, we all went to eat lunch and we stopped by Sam Moon's. It was definitely worth the wait. I love that place!!

Dallas Cowboy Stadium


Our amazing seats down front on the 50 yard line!!!


Grayson and I before the game


Jill and I wearing our cute shirts Aunt Michelle had made at Monogram It. The writing is sparkly gold, and on the back it has Colt's number 33. There were about 10 of us girls wearing them and cheering Colt on!


We got in VERY late Monday night, and this morning I was definitely wishing we had 2 days off instead of one..I'm already ready for the weekend, so I can get caught up on my sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment