Hallelujah, testing week is over!! Considering all I really did was read the directions, sit, stare at my testing kiddos, walk around the room, let them know how much time they have left, and pass out snacks, peppermints, gum, and jolly ranchers..I am worn out after 5 days of testing! Grayson doesn't quite get it. He thinks it sounded like an easy week. The only people who really get how exhausting it can be are teachers. I have had some interesting experiences this week though.
I work with a teacher named Jennifer. We have a co-teaching 6th grade English class. It's the last class of the day, and we have some interesting kiddos in there! Almost daily her and I joke about starting a blog just about that 7th hour class- what they say, what they do..unfortunately, it's hard to remember the ridiculous things they do after class is over, so I guess we need to be blogging during class....I'm sure that would go over real well when the superintendent does a suprise classroom walk-through!! Jennifer always has really funny stories to tell the kids, and I'm almost positive some of the things that have happened in our class she will tell to her future kids too! (Jennifer..it's time for you to start a blog..you have so many funny/entertaining stories!!)
Back to testing fun...I had 16 seventh graders in my testing group. Most of the kids are my own kids, so that was nice. After spending 5-6 hours with them the past five days, I know them a lot better. You wouldn't believe how gassy (spelling?) they can be in the mornings!! I witnessed: a silent but deadly fart that even the boys were gagging over, a boy sneezing so hard he farted, and a boy who farts at the same time every morning (weird!). I also saw SEVERAL boys picking their noses and contemplating eating them until they noticed me staring at them. Wow..middle school boys are gross! That's probably why I refused to go out with Grayson in 6th grade.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



I discovered that all of the kids in my testing group have really nice eyebrows.
ReplyDelete