Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bragging

Grayson is a wonderful husband. To prove this point, I will brag on him a little. I was in DC on my birthday. During the time in between DC and Chicago, he surprised me with a birthday party. He is not good at keeping secrets, so I still can't believe he pulled it off! Even Shelby was in on it...she is also a bad secret-keeper.

I was at a workshop all day, and that evening Shelby and I went to Target and ran around. Grayson and I were going to our friends- Jeremy and Jamie's house for supper at about 7:30. Grayson told me to be home by 7. Shelby and I got everything done, and I was ready to head home..apparently it was about 30 minutes sooner than I was supposed to. Shelby panicked and asked me to stay at her house a little while..needless to say, I still left for home too soon. Grayson had me stop by Wal-Mart to get random stuff..I was annoyed b/c I had just been to Wal-Mart..poor Grayson was so worried I'd get home before all our friends got there.
As I was getting close to my street, I recognized the car in front of me..I just knew it was Grayson's cousin Heath and his wife Jill. They didn't turn on our road, so I decided I was wrong. As I was getting close to our house I saw all these cars and people in the yard..I was very confused. They yelled surprise and happy birthday..then Heath and Jill pulled in.

Grayson grilled burgers and hot dogs..we had chips..Hayley bought me a cute birthday cake. We played horseshoes and ladder ball...It was a good night!! I had so much fun, and I enjoyed visiting with everyone!


Cute cake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment