This trip was a girls' trip. I went with my mom, my sister Tara, my little sister Shelby...Shelby's education teacher, her five-year old daughter Olivia, and two of Shelby's friends from school. We were in Chicago b/c Shelby and her two friends, Tiffany and Breanne, won first in a state FCCLA (leadership club at her school) competition, and Chicago is where nationals were. Mom, Tara, and I just tagged along to get some quality girl time in and sight-see.
Me at the Bean
Because my last vacation blog was SOOOO long, I will spare you all the tiny details about this trip. For the most part, we walked a lot and ate a lot..we wanted to experience the Chicago-style foods. We ate at Gioradano's Pizzeria. They are famous for their stuffed pizza. It was sooo good! Another night we went to Gino's East Pizza. They are famous for their deep-dish pizza. I will have to say out of the two Chicago-style pizzas..I loved Gino's East more. The good news is that you can order it online and they will ship it to you!! Yum!! We also ate Chicago style hot dogs..I did not eat one..mine was a basic hot dog with mustard and pickles. My brave mother and sisters tried the Chicago style. Mom only ate one bite and then scraped the yucky parts off...my sisters actually liked it with all the toppings. Because we had a 5-year old girl with us, we had to eat at the American Girl Cafe. I was not looking forward to it at all, but I will admit that the food was really good and it was a very cute place. I did feel bad for the men in the room..they are amazing fathers to eat at a place where the light fixtures are made of hot pink daisies and the dolls have their own chairs that can be fastened to the table.
Gino's East!!

Shelby and I at dinner

We went to the Willis Tower...it was called the Sears Tower..they renamed it..it's very confusing b/c nobody knows what the Willis Tower is. It was really cool! On the top floor..there is what's called the Ledge. It's basically a solid glass room that sticks out of the window..you can stand out there and take pictures and it looks like you are standing on top of buildings. It was so cool!! I wish Tara wasn't scared of heights..that would have been a really cool sister picture.
Shelby and I
Happy Birthday America!!

View of the city from Lake Michigan

Because my last vacation blog was SOOOO long, I will spare you all the tiny details about this trip. For the most part, we walked a lot and ate a lot..we wanted to experience the Chicago-style foods. We ate at Gioradano's Pizzeria. They are famous for their stuffed pizza. It was sooo good! Another night we went to Gino's East Pizza. They are famous for their deep-dish pizza. I will have to say out of the two Chicago-style pizzas..I loved Gino's East more. The good news is that you can order it online and they will ship it to you!! Yum!! We also ate Chicago style hot dogs..I did not eat one..mine was a basic hot dog with mustard and pickles. My brave mother and sisters tried the Chicago style. Mom only ate one bite and then scraped the yucky parts off...my sisters actually liked it with all the toppings. Because we had a 5-year old girl with us, we had to eat at the American Girl Cafe. I was not looking forward to it at all, but I will admit that the food was really good and it was a very cute place. I did feel bad for the men in the room..they are amazing fathers to eat at a place where the light fixtures are made of hot pink daisies and the dolls have their own chairs that can be fastened to the table.
Gino's East!!

Shelby and I at dinner

We went to the Willis Tower...it was called the Sears Tower..they renamed it..it's very confusing b/c nobody knows what the Willis Tower is. It was really cool! On the top floor..there is what's called the Ledge. It's basically a solid glass room that sticks out of the window..you can stand out there and take pictures and it looks like you are standing on top of buildings. It was so cool!! I wish Tara wasn't scared of heights..that would have been a really cool sister picture.
Shelby and I
We went on a 90 minute boat tour of the river and Lake Michigan. It was very hot, but it was nice hearing about the architecture and history of the city. By the time we made it to the Lake, I really wanted to dive off the boat.
Happy Birthday America!!

View of the city from Lake Michigan






No comments:
Post a Comment