Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Washington DC, here I come!!

Our school won a national middle school award for the second time. It's the Schools to Watch award. In Arkansas, we were the first school to ever receive it 3 years ago. Every three years, you can reapply for it. We reapplied and went through the whole process again which included a team of about 10 teachers being in an interview-style meeting with the STW people. I was part of this group because I'm the team leader for SpEd/ESOL this year. We got the award again...I happen to think I work at the BEST middle school in the WORLD...so I wasn't surprised we got it again.
The district will pay for 5-10 teachers and the principals of our school to go to the award ceremony in Washington DC this summer. Because I was part of the team that did the interview with the Schools to Watch people, I GET TO GO TO DC!! I am so pumped! I have never been, and some of us are already talking about going early so we can go to all the museums and such!
PS- I'm sure I will run into the President...so let me know if I need to pass something on for you.

1 comment: